• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Start relay????

Old Duece

Ok here it is I just got finished replacing both front and rear wiring harnes's on the duece I pulled all the old wiring out and started and by reinstalling it per the SCEMATIC but Im running into a lil problem, a no start. I was looking at the tm and wiring diagrams and i was seeing that there is a magnetic start relay , My truck does not have one. I went and looked at a freinds N/A mulitfuel duece and his has it. So my question is did all dueces come with the magnetic start relay. or was there a cut off?

Old Duece

I should have also added that wire # 10 at the start relay per , is now attached to the starter main positve post since having that hooked there my lights and acc. turn on. so Im must hoping in the morning that its a plug that isnt pushed in all the way.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The deuce I am redoing does not have a start relay on it. The new harness I got is for it will need a relay also.
I have not gotten to the point to try starting it, still just a painted frame.

Let us know how it goes.

I looked at the schematic and it looks like you need to add a #4 size wire and a #14 size wire.

I changed the wiring harness on the deuce I am doing.

Old Duece

I ended up figuring out the problem, it ended up being with wires 74a and 74b on the drivers side upper firewall just connect those, apparently those wire were for a fuel pressure switch on the older gas models, but just connect it to make a straight circuit for 74 and you will have power straight to the starter from the starter switch.