• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Start-up-Shut-down procedures?

icecreamman

My first deuce had a "C" turbo and a data plate which stated from memory "Engine must run at less than 1000rpms for 5 minutes on shutdown and startup".

My new deuce has a "D" turbo (which I like much better) and doesn't have that plate?

I've driven turbo diesels for many years and have always waited thirty or fourty-five seconds before shut down.

After driving my deuce around the block, Ill park and smoke a Pall Mall and shut her down. The turbo spools down for a while.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Both turbos require the same treatment. One truck is just missing or never had the dataplate installed.

sandcobra164

A friend of mine has a deuce and a Dodge with a 6BT Cummins. He idles both until they show less than 300 degrees on the pyro pre turbo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks