• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

started the BOB today

gunner_bear

Seemed like a nice day to take apart a perfect deuce and trailer:razz: Removed the bed on the deuce and the 105 trailer. Looks like it is time to start cutting rivets. So far it all came apart with a wrench and socket.duece6.jpg

deuce 4.jpg

deuce9.jpg

deuce7.jpg

deuce5.jpg

deuce2.jpg

6 days ago it was resting nicely with no thought of the destruction that was to come fat lady sings

jamesfrom180

I would also consider the use of a guy named Miguel to be along the lines of cheating.

But I don't see any anything wrong with bending the rules. Looks good so far.

KsM715

Man I am really sorry and I hate to be negative and what not, but this just kills me to see this.

Then dont venture into the Deuce hotrod and modification forum.

For the rest of you: Mine as it sits right now. I to do not have the use of large equipment OR the use of other friends or family. This ones all me.

PS drilling thru the frame with only an 18V dewalt drill is time consuming.

Gunner_bear, keep us updated. The rate I'm going I probably wont have the bed on till after the new year.

Attachments

gunner_bear

the correct tool for the job makes all the difference:wink: A loader was the correct tool here!!. A mag drill would be the correct drill for when that time comes. Looks like you used the trailer frame to give yourself some lift?

KsM715

Yes, bolted the frame through all the rivet holes and plan on putting some flitch plates on the sides near the spring hangers. I have the helper springs only because the shop that made my u-bolts to long and theres not enough thread to cut them off.

Plates something like this, front and rear.

Attachments

Last edited:

mikew

Hey I'm all about "cheating"...

I use a forklift, gantry crane and a mag drill with sluggers (hole saw, not a drill bit, much quicker for the bumperette and gladhand holes).

And, your truck is looking great!

Attachments

russ132

I burned my 1/2 drill up while bobbing my deuce. I went to rent a mag drill and the rental price was equal to the purchase price of a new drill. As nice as the mag drill would have been I choose to buy a new drill. By the way, a big Thank you to mikew for all of your work on your website. The information was extremely helpful in this project!

Attachments

Seth_O

PS drilling thru the frame with only an 18V dewalt drill is time consuming.
I used a complete redneck solution to drill my frame holes - but it worked (wish I would have taken a picture.)

I grabbed a medium length rubber tie-down and hooked one end on the frame in front of the drill. Then I wrapped the tie around the back of the drill, stretched it as tight as humanly possible and hooked the other end to the frame on the other side of the drill (again in front of the drill.) That then supplied constant pressure, pulling the drill forward into the frame and I only needed to keep it lubed up and held perpendicular to the drilling surface.

Made the drilling about 1000x easier, and allowed me to use fewer bits & hole saws.