• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Started the bobb job

HanksDeuce

You do realize you only need bump stops on top of the spring pack and not on the frame, right? When you put a set of bump stops on top of the spring pack and another set on the bottom of the frame you limit your spring travel. Or did you do it for a specific reason I'm not aware of?

Looks great!

TJP

You do realize you only need bump stops on top of the spring pack and not on the frame, right? When you put a set of bump stops on top of the spring pack and another set on the bottom of the frame you limit your spring travel. Or did you do it for a specific reason I'm not aware of?

Looks great!
No I did not think about spring travel. :oops: It just looked like a good idea.

TJP

Final finish putting the bed on. I added the wood between the bed and frame, welded mounts on trailer bed, set bed into place, hooked up lights all work great! Still have to find the right spot to mount trailer receptacle. Drove it around the block brakes worked great, the truck is a dream to drive even more fun than building it. :) Here are some more pics

Attachments

Last edited:

thunderh

Looks great very similar to mine, I used the m105 spring packs. I'm looking to put bigger tires and change the wheels to get rid of the split rims but that takes $$$. In the mean time I,m running dual tires (on the back of course) it has a nice look, I'll send pictures when I have time to figure how to post them. good job. paint?

TJP

Looks great very similar to mine, I used the m105 spring packs. I'm looking to put bigger tires and change the wheels to get rid of the split rims but that takes $$$. In the mean time I,m running dual tires (on the back of course) it has a nice look, I'll send pictures when I have time to figure how to post them. good job. paint?
Please post pics when you can. I can never get enough of seeing what other members have done to their trucks.

Thanks

TJP

Primer - rust-oleum professional red top spraycan from home depot. Flat black - Rusto-oleum profeesional also from home depot.

Sorry it took so long to answer.