• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Started to repaint

TheWeatherMan

A few days ago I started sanding down the old paint and started to prime what I have sanded. I'll keep the pics coming as the progress furthers.

kennys@wi.rr.com

What primer and what paint are you going to use? I did the rustoleum primer and the Rapco paint. Best of luck with whatever paint you choose. I recently got mine done and am very glad I did it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think when I do mine I'll have to find 20grit disks. Its a little rough. Looks like you are making good progress.

maxxplanck

Very cool ! I need to do the same this summer . I bought 2 gal. of rustoleum primer , is that enough ? how much did you use ? Did you cut the primer at all and at what %. I have 5 gal. or 383 I hope thats enough, let me know how much you use. Thanks

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow that looks good.

Tlauden

Wow. Looks great! U going camo or keeping it Solid green? I plan in doin the same to My truck once $ let's me.

Anyways keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to seeing the final results!!

zout

Must be nice to have a huge - flat driveway.

I kept seeing that stool when you were prepping it sitting next to the truck - how can you sit and work at the same time.

It is great you took your time and did each section down to where it needed to be - your results shows the hard work - and it really looks good for what it is worth as an opinion.

Takes a while for the thinners to dry out and cure.