• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Started working on the deuce today

mm73

Well I started working on the deuce today and it was raining on me from the get go, just a drizzle at first. I am having to change out my front main seal on the engine. So far it has been very easy considering Im doing it alone and have never done it before. I did go ahead and flush the radiator out since I had it off and out of the way. I have had to stop for now since the rain is coming down pretty good now and Im tired of being wet. All I have left to do now is take the belt off of the compressor and then pull the main drive pully and harmonic balancer and pop the old seal out and the new one in. Im just glad you dont have to pull the engine or anything like that for this.

jwright

Was you leaking oil real bad? Mine is leaking oil some where on the front and I do not think its the oil pan. How much was the seal and where did you get it?

mm73

Yes it was leaking real bad. but it would only leak at 1800-2000 rpms. at idle it wouldnt leak but at higher rpms it would leak bad. you could sit and watch it drip. I got the seal from boyce equipment and it was 22.00 bucks.