• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter and injector pump source

rickta24

ok my truck is in the shop.

having the hot no start problem.
the mechanic said it might just need a different starter.
right now it has the gear reduction starter. they one put the one on that spins faster.

Does that make sense?

Also, can someone point me to a good source to buy a rebuilt injector pump?

Thanks guys.

rickta24

it's at a local diesel performance shop. they ballparked me at $900 for rebuilt pump and $300 for labor. just curious if that's what they go for.

CCATLETT1984

most shops i've seen charge closer to $450 for a rebuild.

one thing to have done when you do have the IP rebuilt, is have the injectors checked out, they just put them into a flowbench and test what pressure they pop at (all the injectors should pop within ~50psi of each other) and check the nozzle to be sure its spraying fine.

Usually weak injectors cause more cold start issues than hot start ones, but if the shop will do it for a nominal fee, it wont hurt.

jumpmasterjim

I just bought 12 Ips for 6.2l HMMVs. From what Ive been told and seen from looking at them side by side with CUCV pumps only difference is the fuel cutoff (24 volts) just swap old fuel cutoff from your IP on to new pump.. But you can check elsewhere. Check pics out . I'm letting them go for $350 a piece + shipping Let me know by PM. Jim

Attachments

rickta24

Well it looks good but I need to know for sure it would work with my 1008. I'm out on costly and time consuming setbacks. I just want my truck to run again. Can anyone verify that it would work?

justsomeguy

They are different.... Starting with the trans- vacuum switch on the right side of the pump. Also the pump settings are different. It'll work if your stuck in some far away land but I would'nt do it here state side.

rickta24

o well. Thanks for the offer though jumpmasterjim.

So what model pump specifically am I looking for?

Stanadyne DB2 but what's the rest?

Thanks.

MILRET45

You can also swap the trans vacuum switch off the CUCV pump to the HMMWV pump. I did it recently on a 24V IP pump for my M715 6.2 conversion running 24Volts with a CUCV transmission.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks