• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter/battery price?

rmgill

I have a bum battery in my Deuce. I've looked at Interstate who what's $130 per 6TL. Voltex has them for $160 each. I'm waiting to see if the local Batteries Plus can get them for $130 or less.

colyork

my dad thinks it's the battereies,but I am inclined to think it is the starter drive. When I push the start button it clicks but the stater doesn,t do anything. When it quit the starter did turn but it sounded like it locked up. It has been doing it for while but this time no go :(

RDDC2

You can load test the batteries first off all - load them for ten seconds and if the voltage drops below 10 volts then you need to replace them. Load test them individually, not together. Also, make sure you connections are good and you have good grounds. If all goes well there, do a voltage drop test (while cranking) to the S post on your starter. You should have battery voltage within a few tenths going to the starter before cranking. Make sure your starter connections are good, clean and tight. If you have good connections and good voltage - you will need a starter more than likely. Contact me if you want, I have a good used one if you need it.

houdel

The NAPA/Interstate number for a Deuce battery is U6TL. The local Napa store wanted $179.95, I got one from an Interstate dealer (green case) for $105.95.

poppop

I buy my batteries from the local Interstate distriboter. I get Blems or reconditioned, which are new but shelf life ran out, for $35.00 with six month warrenty. Have had great luck with them on the farm.

gbooth

I got my battery's from Interstate also they were new blems $35.00 each. I also picked up a re-built starter at MVPA convention auction it was one of the last items offered for $12.00 I got lucky also got a brake booster for $15.00

devilman96

If the batteries check out pull that starter... Mine was pulling the same crap a few weeks ago and it was rust on the bendix shaft. It would not allow the solenoid to pull the bendix all of the way forward which will keep the contactors from meeting up... Lots of click, click, click but no spin. PITA but pull it clean it / paint throw it back in...

Wish someone made a gear reduced starter for these... so much more reliable!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks