• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter bolts

bryab123

so my starter crapped out the other day on my m1008, it was a direct drive starter. i bought a new torque reduction 24 volt one it should be here in a few days. i have a bracket for a T.R. starter, and i read on here to replace the bolts too. the parts store is trying to sell me the universal chevy ones in the help section. are the starter bolts the same as gassers or specific to the 6.2?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't buy the generic parts store bolts. Go to a GM dealer and buy the GM 6.2L starter bolts. The part number is located in the TM's and there is also several threads on this. They also use a grade 8 flat washer. Be sure to properly torque.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think that's correct, however, I have extras I can measure tomorrow and post the sze.

jeepin

The hardware store grade 8's probably are fine but the genuine GM ones have that crosshatched area on the bolt that must serve some purpose to keep the starter aligned or something..