• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter change out with new style wiring??

Dbluff

SS - Howdy, I am still working my starter problem and now swapping it out for a new one. I have the old style in the truck and purchased a new style, one with bell shape solenoid on top.

my question is where do the two small wires go on the new style? I’m not seeing the same Type of connection on the solenoid.

Dbluff

SS- So I pulled the TM , and have the wiring info.

Now, how do I swap the gear tooth? My original is 12 teeth, while new starter is 11 teeth and a much larger gear.

to add on ,understand you can swap the head and such, but the shaft on the new starter is larger also.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks