• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter circuit

I have converted to 12 volt. I have also put on a floor shift and am wiring in the neutral safety switch. In doing so I removed the in dash starting relay. Now I have a lot of no noise whatsoever when I turn the key to the start position. Can anyone tell me what two wires should be spliced to bypass the relay?

muddobber40

yep, purple and purple and white spliced together. If its not, you have something else messed up elsewhere. IS the solenoid(purple) wire on the right stud on the new starter? From my experience the direct drives use the stud closest to the engine while the gear reduction until use the outside stud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks