• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter cranks with key “on” after new Smart Box

Seanhavok253

I’ve seen two threads on this already with no resolution. Replaced factory unit that was dead (wait light flicker/no start) for the new unit and now the key in position 2 (on) tries cranking the motor over, a quick blip to position 3 (start) let’s her actually start but the starter doesn’t disengage. It didn’t do this before this box- new and “tested”. I am getting flashing “wait” light now though, so that’s a step in the right direction? Right?

I have replaced the switch thinking it was faulty to no avail.. help?

papakb

Hopefully you didn't replace your old box with one of the LAU boxes. They can be identified by the fact that they have a second cable in the engine compartment that connects to the glow plugs. These boxes always had problems such as run-on cranking and random cranking. Fires weren't unknown with them but usually they cranked the trucks until the batteries died. If this is the case get it out immediately!

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you swapped in the new box, did you disconnect the battery? If not, you might have damaged it. RWH is usually spot on with his diagnoses.

Also, have you tried hitting the starter to see if your solenoid is getting stuck?

Best,

T

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks