• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter driving me nuts!!

b framer

I've had my M1028 for four years now and drive it most days to work. It's a great truck...but it seems like every six months the starter gives up the ghost. Luckily the starter is always under warranty so I get another one. My question is has anyone had this same problem and if so what was the permanent fix?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lifetime warranty starters guarantee you will be replacing them for a lifetime. Where are you buying these 24V starters?

dependable

If you have an occasional short due to bad insulation on starter cable it can cause starter solenoid failure. Had a starter heat shield that got bent and occasionally shorted main positive cable to starter. Did not know why I was going though solenoids about every 6 months until I noticed sparks by starter when one of the crew started it in the dark hours of winter.

edpdx

I ordered a Wilson 28MT 24V from Schucks after having bad luck with the $100 *bay Chinese model. Real heavy-duty. Comes with a shim that you should use- don't ask...

Real reliable cranking. See my posts w/ Wilson in the search for the part number.