• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter install question

BigDuck

I just had my starter rebuilt and when I went to but it back on the bracket on the back doesn't line up now????? would I be ok to drill another hole in the bracket so it'll fit or is the a bad idea,and another thing the spacer that goes between the starter and the block it wont fit either?I put one bolt thru one hole and just moved it as close to the other bolt as possible so it would at least do its job and space:x, i'm i screwed ??

BigDuck

its the right one , the hole in the bracket is only off by a 1/4", the starter works fine but that bracket is there for a reason so i dont like the idea of not haveing on there.

Keith_J

The original 27MT starter is direct drive and NEEDS the back bracket, otherwise the aluminum nose piece where the bolts go through will break.

The newer gear drive starter (motor axis is off the pinion axis) is much lighter. And because the stud where the bracket attaches is slightly off, the bracket won't fit. You have to measure and drill.

kenny

It should line up if it is the one that came out of your truck.
maby try to put the bracket on the starter first very loosely then bolt the the other end up.

Mudstone

i don't understand how the same starter can no longer fit? that doesn't seem to make any sense to me is this possible that it's the same starter?

BigDuck

when I took it off the back cap and steel sleeve was loose, the back cap is held on by two 5/16" bolts with one being used to hold this bracket aswell, well it was bent when i took it off, now its repaired and the new bolts is straight and wont let the bracket line up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks