• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter issues

rolling18

I have also have JUST "started":mrgreen: having this PROBLEM as well... in my case, I nearly drained the batteries trying to start in 25deg. last time I pushed the starter, It would NOT release and I begun to panic, turned everything off and it kept going!! WTF????

I RUN to the garage to get tools to take off a bat cable, ( bat smoking pretty good by now and still trying to crank)
its night and freeeezing out so I cant get right size tools fast enough, all I could do was get a LARGE wrench and try to pry the cable off terminal w/o short circuiting something.. luckily i did.

Now im here and looking as to WTF happened?? relay? solonoid? starter switch itself?:-|:???:
UPDATE for anyone interested.. installed 2 new Odyssey bats:twisted: over 2200 CCA!
cranks like never b4 BUT sometimes it still just goes "click" when I push starter.

got stuck in 2 locations now. had someone puss start me. Now it fires right up again.. till i turn it off
GRRR :evil:
cant find any rebuild threads for starter or rely.. anyone have the scoop?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks