• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter motor troubles FV432

Scrambler

The starterrelais off my FV432 only says "click" when trying to start the verhicle. I think it needs a rebuild but I have no idea where the startermotor is located and how to get it out. is there someone who can tell me? The APC is in the Netherlands.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's like any other starter system, the "click" would indicate low batteries or a bad connection. The relay needs only a fraction of the current to operate.

wideload

Quite a common occurence for the starter to fail, unfortunately as the previous poster says it necessitates a pack lift to access the starter. Once the pack is out it is about 10 minutes to change the starter. Should you need a starter or a spare very low hours pack I have both for sale. Have a look on u tube to see how pack is removed.
John.