• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter not engaging flywheel properly

NormB

IF it turns out to be the solenoid (they cook under the heat, delaminate, lose efficacy sometimes), oddly enough amazon dot com has them in stock.
NSN 5945012101299 SAT-4108UT Ametek/Prestolite. $39.95 prime. I poked around and saw them for sale for as much as $200 elsewhere. Weird.

Oh, and this might help too. From the Prestolite/Leece-Neville website. Troubleshooting heavy equipment electrical systems (charging, starting).

http://www.prestolite.com/literature/training/PP1127_TrainingManual_lores.pdf 2MB for your downloading and perusing pleasure.

That page also has a 12 MB high def version.

Last edited:

JPMcCormick1

I am having the same problem as kcobean, sometimes she starts fine and other times get that horrible grinding sound. I was wondering what he found out was the final problem and fix for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks