• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter not turning over on M35A2

yustie

Greetings all; I have a question and need help...I have a 1971 M35a2. Just completed total restore. Two years ago changed out multi-fuel with new engine. Started great and instant. However, shortly ago, and after sitting about three weeks, I started engine. While driving, I noticed smoke coming into the cab. When I pulled over and shut-down, smoke cleared and find nothing wrong. Re-started and returned home. Checked everything again; nothing found. Sat again for a few weeks, and when I attempted to started the engine, all there was were "clicks". I tried several times and got the same thing. I tried tamping the starter and nothing. Batteries checked and are perfect (they are one year old). The starter came with the new engine. I have current to the silendo. What are your thoughts before I consider replacing the starter? Thank you for your time and thoughts in this matter. Blessings to all.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks