• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter or Batteries? One of them is not adequate. Motor won

Caustic

I put my starter back together and exchanged my 600cca deep cycles for these 725 cca batteries. I hooked everything up and hit the starter. the engine turned over slowly for a few seconds then i stopped. waited a few seconds and then hit it again. "clunk" and nothing except a weird groaning sound from the starter. Same thing thats been happening to me since i got my duce. Do you think these batteries are not big enough? they say 725 CCA and 900 Cranking Amps at 32F. I tried hooking jumper cables directly to the starter and had the same result. So its not the wireing. Its eaither the batteries or the starter. Is it possible to have a "weak" starter? Or do i just need better batteries? What batteries should I get? What is the minimum CCA's required?

725 CCA and 900 CA at 32F. Spray paint can is for size comparison.

the only other cause i can think of is if the engine is just unusually hard to turn over. I loosened the alt and water pump belts and they spin freely, only other thing i can think of is if the compressor is causing the drag... i dont know... please help... thanks

outlaw

i,v got 4 1100 cca heavy duty truck batt in mine

i drive it 6 days a week it will start no matter how cold it gets

take the starter and have it tested

if that,s ok get bigger batts