• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter parts question

Timber

Mine was screeching pretty badly when I got it home. Turned out one of the rear starter bolts was snapped off in the block. An EZ-out removed the broken bolt out of the block and was replaced with a new one.

During the fix, the front center nose bolt had to be removed and it snapped off clean just in front of where I would have been able to re-attach the starter nose support. The bolt is back in the nose and has two good bolts holding it to the block but I obviously need a new starter center bolt so I can hook up the front support bracket again.

Any ideas where I can buy this bolt?

Thanks.

Screamin' Metal

Externally, the starters between the civi's and M1008/1009's should be the same. The bolts should interchange....Salvage yard....and grab some spare bolts for others things while your at it....they'll come in handy later down the road.....

Timber

The salvage yards around here crush the older stuff - and those 6.2 trucks are so dang rare to start with. I'm hoping someone knows of a good starter rebuilder that'll have spare parts to sell.

NMC_EXP

Timber

My local GM dealer was able to get new bolts and brackets using the GM part numbers in the -20P manual. THe bracket, angle is for the original 27MT starter, the bracket, straight is for the later gear reduction starter some folks are using.

GM PART #DESCRIPTION

15544950BOLT, CLOSE TOLERANCE

22521054WASHER, FLAT

14060613BOLT, MACHINE

14028931BRACKET, ANGLE

131245NUT, SELF LOCKING, HE

MS27183-10WASHER, FLAT

23502557BRACKET, STRAIGHT

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am confused as to which bolt you are talking about. Are they the ~5in mounting bolts, the short support bracket bolt, or the long case bolts that the supprt bracket mounts to?

Also which starter do you have? The old style Direct Drive (left) or the new style Gear Reduction (right)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks