• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter problems

trooper632

Just got 2 m1009's in yesterday, very good shape. also very surprised, both of them have air conditioning, will post pics tommorrow. but problems with one. it had no starter, so I pulled a working starter off another one and nothing. getting power to (checked with test light, all the lights come on when keyed turned on but no noise from the starter when trying to engauge it. all fusable links look good, all fuses are ok, I'm stumped.

BobM

Are you saying the starter is getting power? If so, it about HAS to be your starter. But is the power just getting to the starter relay?

trooper632

Well after reading over several topics for a couple of hours, I will check the starter relay under the dash. Did not know one was there. I know the starter works because I just took it off another one that started. The starter relay from what I was reading is under the dash where the good times radio would be right.

trooper632

after tearing into the steering colum and cussing for another 2 hours, looked at where the starter relay should be and it was missing. took one off other m1009 and the SOB started right up. thanks for all replys guys.