• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter Relay help

18operator

I had the same problem with my starter relay. I removed it and took it apart. I found the contacts were dirty, so I cleaned them and relocated the relay away from the damaging heat. And the relay still works fine.

Recently tried to start my 66 m35a2 and got nothing after pushing the button, I ordered a new push button and still nothing happened. Tested everything and found that no power was leaving the relay. Read some of the posts about taking it apart and cleaning it and read others about not even needing it. Is there a way to skip the relay and direct wire the push button to the starter?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks