• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter service

nikojo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! I need that.........

The drain plug is right there in the picture at bottom of starter. It's that round plug but it uses a phillips head bit not that crescent wrench you have.

Also that fluid is for the civilian hummer. The military HMMWV uses 7218 not 7216. It's a silicate based fluid compared to what you have there which is OAT.

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was starting hard so I thought I would change the fluid but I can't find the drain plug?

View attachment 885595
This is why you are not supposed to crank and crank for extended amounts of time without letting the starter rest. The fluid gets hot and evaporates and binds up your starter. Then it is real hard to drain what's left and refill with new. That is why a straw is needed on fluid can to insert into starter to refill.:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

royalflush55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This reminds me of the city slicker that bought some nice replacement heifers and fed them really good with some premium breeding cubes. Those heifers never did get pregnant after all his efforts! He resorted to buying a bull because those breeding cubes did not work!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks