• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starter stuck but relay is good? Help...

parlusk

Seems like it is that time if the year, "starter problems". Good news my buddies starter issues have been fixed, now I have my own. Story: We were up on the mountain last night and my 09 died out (water in the fuel) While trying to solve that problem my starter quit engaging (just clicked). While my buddy was walking back to get his truck I figured I would see what was wrong. I thought that my wire from the bus block might be loose. I crawled under the truck and wiggled the wire, the starter started kicking over with the ignition off. Luckily I have a battery cut off switch. I checked the wire today and the stud coming from the relay had gotten into the main power wire from the bus bar, that explains why it was continuously turning over. Well, I pulled the wire back to where they are not touching in any way, and the starter will still "run away" when I try to start it until i cut the batteries off. Once i cut the batteries off it will reset. I have dog head relay mod installed and have tested the relay, it is good, and replaced it just to make sure. I checked the purple wire going to the solenoid and it has 24 volts when trying to start and 0 volts then you turn the key back off (this was tested while the starter was unhooked. I guess then only thing i can be is a bad solenoid correctaua? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad solenoid on the starter. Or the bendix may be engaged on the flywheel.

Last edited:

parlusk

Bad solenoid on the starter. Or the bendix may be engaged on the flywheel.
I pulled that starter off and tested it off of the rig and it was doing the same thing so its the solenoid... Thanks for the reply, Do you happen to have a part number for that particular solenoid?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks