• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter

REDWOLF

Where can you find a starter for a m1009 6.2l 24v of corse ? And what is the part number. Can these be bought new from anywhere or our they not availible new ?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can get new gear reduction starters of Ebay for $120 delivered, Model MT28 - search CUCV starter

Or you can even get a rebuilt direct drive from NAPA for $295 (WIL 91014376) plus core. You don't see many New direct drives. Model MT27

It's usually cheaper to have your old one rebuilt.

blzrgb

I've got an 86 model 1008 that i bought from a guy a while back who done a horrible job of converting to 12 volts. I'm gonna convert it back to 24 volts because all the factory electricals are still on the truck and i have another 1008 that's still 24 volt that i can pattern after.
I've got to buy a 24 volt starter so which would be better, direct drive or gear reduction ?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When the 6.2L first came out, GM had the direct drive starters, They later switched to the gear reduction.

The new gear reductions are cheaper, but are foriegn made. The direct drive where usually made in the USA.

Make sure you have the support bracket for whichever drive you get. You can order them at the dealership

dd - 14028931 ~$4
gr - 23502557 ~$15

AndrewH

Not to Hi-jack the thread, I am also looking for a cucv starter. Direct drive is fine. My m1009 didnt have a starter when I picked it up from Ft Campbell. Any Starters left? Andrewh

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks