• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter

erniemigi

well as long as nobody has converted it from 24volt to 12 volt, then your starter will be 24volt, do you have 2 batterys and 2 generators

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I burnt my starter out again not sure if I need a 12v or 24v starter .... or 12v starter and 24v solenoid let me know k5 6.2 blazer
If you don't know how are we suppost to know?

Is you truck stock? Do you own and know how to use a volt meter? Can you check the voltage going to the starter?

Too many unknowns for us to tell you what the problem is.

A stock CUCV has a 24v starter. A modified truck could have a 6v, 12v, 24v, 36v. We just don't know

Reactions: emr

SGT Estum

If you don't have a voltmeter, you should probably go buy one :lol:

Until then, you can determine if your starter is wired for 12 or 24 volts by tracing the thick (1 gage, I think) cable from the large terminal on the starter solenoid. In an "original" configuration, it will be connected to the +24V bus bar on the firewall.

Hope that helps!