• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting a 250 in the can

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Dave, can you send me a bigger pic of your avatar? Always looking for pics of Seabees CUCVs

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No SD, the 250 will not fit in his wrecker. The LDT is going in the wrecker, eventually.

southdave

Hey Dave, can you send me a bigger pic of your avatar? Always looking for pics of Seabees CUCVs
sorry it off a five ton a 94 there a story behide it but i forgot most of it, let get a hold of buddy down in gulfpit see if he got some CUCV laying around. I was port hueneme in 91 they still had a couple 715 around the base the

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's off a 5 ton, it's sure labeled wrong! Really looks like a GM truck door and mirror!

southdave

thought so,let me check it came though an e-mail from a guy on active duty last year or so while in Iraq. 94 is the year the rest of # where the last of serial # wasn't a alpha type(dumba$$ BU) cese # never made sense to me or never ask for explaination

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As the Navy goes, the first 2 characters denote the type of vehicle. The 3 I recognize are 94 for pickups and the like, 95 for deuces and 96 for 5 tonners. We have the NAVFAC manual in the TM section. Thanks Sir

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, motor is alive... and made a heck of a smoke cloud in the barn.. had the doors open. Got everything put back, and gimps truck is repaired from a squeaky bearing..

Dennis

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the one on his front axle is repaired??????

What ended up being the problem...when I talked to him he made it sound like it was going to be a PITA to fix

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No Tom, the pass wheel bearing was dry as a bone when I showed up today, so we fixed that. I still need to fix the pinion bearing where the front DS meets the axle. Cheech and Chong have nothing on us when it comes to smokey! I couldn't see 3 foot in front of me in that pole barn with my truck running and that 250 fired up. Shoot, my eyes are STILL burning. Oh yeah, thanks to all for the help in testing this motor. Whats a running 250 worth? :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got to be worth at least a hundred bucks considering the weight, If it were mine I'd be trying to swap it off for a running LDS.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't mind having a spare NHC250, for a rainy day.:wink:

I have lots of 2.5 ton parts to trade....

Last edited: