• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting Aids

tbearatkin

Okay I know not to use starting fluid/ether for my m1009 most important when the GP's are working. But does the same thing go for a rag with gasoline in it at the breather and the GP's are working. TO be used when the system seems to lose its prime but runs and draws diesel once the engine is started.

tbearatkin

Not looking to create bigger problems but I hear in one post do not use ether to help start your vehicle and a better solution is the gasoline on a rag. I was not sure what the real difference between the two of them. Seems to me a flammable gas is a flammable gas unless the ether is a hotter burning gas than gasoline.
I might have had a intermediate GP problem and not a fuel issue. Seems to be starting with no issue now. I will have to spread my days out for running to see if it after sitting a week I have the fuel issue or if it was just a GP freak thing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks