• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting an LMTV in the cold is like

Guruman

Not so new member
Near your old location - northwest of Kalispell ...
I love that drive from T-Falls, up through Libby, along Lake Koocanusa (or cut through the Yaak), into Rexford/Eureka, then down 93 into Whitefish..... I only ever did the whole thing once, as it's an all day deal, but that's some nice country with so few people in the way.

I joke about Butte (because I can).... but we stayed in a hotel there one weekend and woke up on Saturday morning to a cold snap that nobody predicted, and it was -30 outside, and I had no idea how I was going to get our 7.3 liter diesel Excursion to start and run enough to get us going..... I had to walk to get an extension cord and some diesel 911. We never overnighted in Godforsaken Butte again.

It would be unusual for it to get down to -30 in T-Falls. The mountains and the Clark Fork River tend to keep the temp stable in that valley. Does it get that cold regularly up where you are?