• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting/battery issue

choll

I am going nuts, short trip I know,my 1028 is having an sporatic starting issue. Here are the facts 2 new batteries, rebuilt alts,motor not running front battery 11.5 volts, rear battery 12.5 volts across both 24.4. Running front battery 14.8 rear 14.5 across both a little more than 28. Some mornings I go out to start the truck and it acts like the battery is dead. Starter just clicks. Lights are real low. Batteries still read the correct voltage. I hook up a jumper box to the front battery positive terminal and a body ground truck starts with no problem. Any ideas suggestions.

Chuck

choll

I already looked at that everything looks good, but it does make sense. The only ground I see is from the neg terminal of the batterycable to the body then going to the lower breaker bar on the fire wall.

mangus580

Ok.. but if you are measuring that low of a voltage on the front battery, you must have a draw then. Which is probably why sometimes they are dead when you come out.

JohnFire

I have had a draw on mine for a long time, and now think I figured out what the draw is. The ignition switch, since I can pull the key out no matter what the position, I apparently have been pulling it out with it in the acc position which left the system powered on.

JohnFire

It is where the stock ACC would be. Not everything powers on like the ACC would, but by accident I found that my wipers came back to life as I was taking the key out and was past the lock click(if this makes any sense). Habit I turn the key all the way back, and take it out which apparently is a little too far.