• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting camper build tomorrow

Masspilot

Well the frame is I have been going crazy sourcing all the interior stuff and the outside skin. No just trying to decide on cabinet materials

99nouns

Wow it is going much faster than I thought, my project has been on halt for 16 months, you got an extra space? I am moving in... I got next...

coachgeo

View attachment 673482 floor frame all welded up and boxedb starting on floor skin and walls tomorrow
So your solid mounting Rear and center to subframe?....... or is that direct to chassis? Are you Captive Spring mounting the front? Can't tell from pic.... but it's late and my eye brain connection is failing lol. So are you also using a second C Channel subframe like the base of M1079 boxes and most of the beds? Least I think the M1079 box also had similar C channel down it's length.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is. Looked like 16ga steel sheets. The owner wants it to rust up a bit and then will treat and preserve the surface. If you look closely you will see the sheets are cut up to look like mountains. The box was made from 1x2 steel tubing. Had foam sheet insulation. And the siding had at ti layered butal rubber sheet to water proof it all. Roof was 5/8 plywood with a rubber laminate type sheet on it. Owner said he has had 4' of snow on it no problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks