• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starting issue m1008..fuel cap?

asg13

Well, drove the truck today..50 or so milrs..parked it and went to start about an hour later..starter jus cranked really fast...after reading it could be air in tank, i just unscrewd cap, screwed back on and fired right up like normal..after getting home, same thing..took cap off and started up..any ideas,.is it the cap. Its the original cap i assume..very large compared to a regualar cap

markg

Well, drove the truck today..50 or so milrs..parked it and went to start about an hour later..starter jus cranked really fast...after reading it could be air in tank, i just unscrewd cap, screwed back on and fired right up like normal..after getting home, same thing..took cap off and started up..any ideas,.is it the cap. Its the original cap i assume..very large compared to a regualar cap
cap could be bad, do you hear any noise when you release the cap? like vacume? cap needs to be vented. i have seen the fuel tank draw up in a knot when the cap was bad. also the return line off the pump needs to flow freely back to the tank. thanks. mark

Hasdrubal

Cracking the cap releases built up vacuum in the tank.. you should be able to hear it. When you have a fuel system issue, like a leaking filter base, the vacuum draws in air to the system making it hard to start. Usually done after last drive of the day, so you wont have to crank endlessly in the morning. This is a temporary solution until you can address the air in fuel issue. I drilled a small hole in my cap, after I forgot one night. Drove like that for over a year until I sourced a new filter base, the fuel pressure sensor was the culprit, very common on our trucks. The tiny hole has not made any difference otherwise to the trucks operation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks