• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starting issue

seabee mike

Last week my 86 m1009 started and when i gave it fuel to turn off the alternator light it died. It took 30 seconds to restart and it was good.. it has done this 3 times in a row. only in the morning about 60* out. I also noticed the charging gauge seems to be talking longer to hit the green. Belts are good and everything looks fine. Plugs are about 6 months old.

scoutdoors1000

DISCLAIMER: IN NO WAY A MECHANIC. Working on my first vehicle
Sputters/surges and dies, my thoughts are air leak
Suddenly dies?? Trying to trouble shoot no start myself.
Had issue where I had issues with sputtering when giving it gas or after it started and found a clogged filter was the issue. That said, have seen many others say not to change fuel filter first off because makes it hard to trouble shoot. Make sure you check TM for solution (which I have rarely found covered my issue) and make sure start at the basics....which I have found covered my issue several times.

Of course hopefully more experienced people will chime in once july 4th week is gone.