• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starting m1008

blowngn

i just bought an m1008 71.000 miles it runs and drives great when i started driving it it was a little warm out so i turned the key cycled the plugs once and it started in about 3 seconds or less but now it been getting down to about 50 at night only to get colder with time how many times should i cycle the glow plugs? the plugs are brand new but i am not sure how new the controller is but it seems to work just i don't know how long it takes to get the cylinder warm. this is my first diesel but it is in very good working order.gave 3300 from government liquidation from fort bragg nc
thanks

mangus580

If everything is working properly, turn on the key... wait for the wait light to go out, and start it. Look on the back of your drivers visor, there should be starting instructions there, for various temperature ranges. I used to have trouble with mine on cold days.... until i started following those instructions to the T.

acetomatoco

Don't try to overengineer the starting procedure, if the system is working right and you follow the visor instructions.. it will start... It is a combination of glowplugs, controller, high idle, timing and a host of other things which make it work right..The most important thing in the equation is a pair of goooooood batteries and a working charging system..Diesels love fast cranking....

blowngn

i did not know i had to give it som throttle it says above 32 half below 32 full tried it this mornig it was about 50 and it started right up

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks