• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starting my deuce

graham

The last time i started my truck it started up on problems. But today it just click about 4 time when i hit the starter . I tryed the BFH but that not work but i did notic some deisel around the hose for the turbo to the intake . I keep the motor clean all the time. I took off the air tube and checked if the turbo was wet but it was dry.Could it be hyrdo locked or some thing else?

BugEyeBear

I'm guessing weak batteries, dirty batt terminals, or a loose connection.

Do you ALWAYS check for hydraulic-lock prior to trying to start it?

Check your Batts, check that they are fully charged, clean the terminals if dirty, check that other connections are good & not loose.
THEN if the start system is working, try to start with the engine stop pulled out.
IF it turns over you don't have hydraulic lock.
IF it doesn't turn over (& you DO have good batts, starter, etc.) remove the injectors & try to turn the motor over again (with the engine stop pulled out).
IF it still doesn't turn over you have other issues.
DOUBLE CHECK the starting system again & go on from there.....

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your batteries and if they check out ok it's more than likely your starter or solenoid not making contact.