• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starting problem

jmsneorrcom

84 M1009 -I have a stating problem with my CUCV, I was on the highway when gen 1 light came on, then headlights and windshield wipers went out. pulled over and then unable to start again.

and YES I have read the TMs over and over again on the troubleshooting section - so if your only help is going to be to say to read the manuals just go on to the next post and tell them that.

I have replaced the front battery, both batteries are at 12.4 now. I have replaced the starter relay (dogheads modification). I replaced the battery cable to the positive post on the back battery because of wires showing. I pulled the starter off and took it to Autozone for testing which they said it was ok. today I replaced all of the fuses because I figured they were all old anyway and it was a cheep and easy job.

when I turn the key I hear the relay kick in but no sounds at all from the starter itself. I did notice that My generator 2 light is coming on now when it wasn't earlier.

I have very limited mechanical experience so any help is appreciated, other that read the TMs or get a new CUCV.

Westech

CPL
so has your cucv been converted to 12V? you stated both batteries at 12 volts...... and the starter was tested at autozone so I take it its 12 volts...... tell us more.

If it is NOT 12V the rear battery should show 24 volts and 28 ish while running. you stated there are two alternators in the truck... it sounds like you have somethings mixed up.

Westech

CPL
Then my friend you have some issues. Autozone can NOT test a 24V starter. I hate to say it but no one is really going to be able to tell you whats wrong with out looking at it. They will tell you to clean this and check that but the TM is going to be your best friend. Start tracing the charging and starting system and see what is mixed up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many threads are you going to start with the same issue? This is the sixth one.

You don't want us to tell you to read the TMs, so I guess you don't want us to tell you to read the site rules either.

Good luck finding your starting issue.

And no you are not causing me any stress.

Last edited:

jmsneorrcom

How many threads are you going to start with the same issue? This is the forth one.

You don't want us to tell you to read the TMs, so I guess you don't want us to tell you to read the site rules either.

Good luck finding your starting issue.

And no you are not causing me any stress.
Warthog
thanks for trying to help me warthog - but I think you need to take your anxiety medication that is prescribed to you, drink a beer, put on some Al Green on the stereo and spend a nice quiet evening with your boyfriend

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do have multiple threads for this very same problem.

It is against the rules to post multiple threads for the same issue.

You need to conform to the site rules, or your ability to posts will be "moderated"(restricted).

You have been very "non receptive" of any help you have received.

Last edited:

Westech

CPL
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/64977-starting-problems.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/62760-still-unable-start.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/62553-wont-start-need-help.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/58476-stupid-question.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/58385-wont-start.html

your going around and around and around........ It may be time to have another member who knows what they are looking at take a look at your truck or take the TM's in to a shop and have a professional look at it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog
thanks for trying to help me warthog - but I think you need to take your anxiety medication that is prescribed to you, drink a beer, put on some Al Green on the stereo and spend a nice quiet evening with your boyfriend

Great idea, when are you available?

Cucvnut

Woah Woah. no need for getting personal man. You SEEM to have an issue with people on here and asking for help in the same area in Different threads. you need to chill man we will help you but don't piss the Mods off Or others Warthog and Westy and Doghead know a bunch of stuff and you making personal attacks wont get you any help sooner but it will get you to the banned area faster.

Last edited:

ralbelt

Ditto on what Cucv said, and Westy you forgot "starting problem" no "S"

DH, Warthog and Westy probably help out more members and non members with the time and energy they put into this site, than all of us combined.
If you keep everything into one thread we know what is being asked and what the answers are and makes referencing problems much easier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks