• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting problem

darryl p

I have a 1985 cucv 6.2L Diesel. Three days ago Ran fine drove around parked in my driveway plugged it in so block would stay warm. On the third day won't start starter skipping and fan skipping when i go to start it . So i replace starter and its doing the same thing when i had the original starter tested it blew the fuse on the test machine at the parts store. Please need some direction.

Batteries charged check
Terminals clean check
new starter check

New to the CUCV world and Diesel Check

Any help would be Great HELP thanks
darryl p

Matt65

Im also at a loss with the term skipping used here. Do you mean intermittent rotational interruption while starting? Maybe you mean its attempting to fire, but won't quite light? Let us know. The TMs mentioned can be found in my signature.

Make sure the starter support bracket is in place, flexplate teath clearance to starter gear good.

If you turned in your starter as a core for the new, I would go get it immediately. Rebuilding the original starters are the best route in my experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks