• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Starting problems 5 ton wrecker. Or others??

dmetalmiki

So my wrecker has been getting worse and worse at starting for years.
Rick M35A2 has been getting.............ditto.
The filters were changed on both.
(Those wrecker filters SHOULD NOT have been done.. (As)...they are impossible to to get out.
Any way they were changed, After which..EVERYTHING HURT!.
I did a battery mod..Which turned out to be useless.
And I see a lot of questions.." What batteries should I use" on this site.

Well I will tell ya'.

C130 batteries. Center posts so easy to wire up.

But we can't get C130 batteries over here any more..(They are U.S. Made.).

Ricks batteries have lasted 14 years!!.

Well our battery supply chap told me he had four CH 31 batteries Same specification..120 ah , 1000 cold CRANKING AMPS.
They have very heavy duty thick plates....

Any way..Ricks M35A2 starts first touch of the button, We never heard it 'wiz' over so quick.

And the M62 Wrecker?

Crikey..It fired up before I had a chance to open the cab door!!...well you know what I mean...

And they all fit like the proverbial glove.

(The third battery on the right in the battery box is for the wreckers separate power for..(All the sirens+ lights etc etc).

The pictures 6-7-8.Are the wrecker 'scrapey filter I steam cleaned, And the 24v Inverter batteries (8 of)

We are nearly ready to Convoy to our first big event.
Just the OT 65 Fug G injection Pump to re-fit (Overhauled).
This weekend... Then Everything is good to go.

And 4 leisure batteries for the standby 12 lighting and power to the gas heating system. and water pumps etc.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks