• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starts and runs for a while then dies and has to sit...

MrArmyAnt

Like title says, starts right up, drives fine, then after a bit doesn't seem to get any fuel. I thought fuel was below fuel pickup, and by the time someone got us fuel to the offroad park to fill it up, pouring it in it would start. finally pissed after putting in 30 gallons and realizing thats not it, and their is no fuel leak, I tried to start it again after it sat, started fine, then died again. Is this the fuel filter getting clogged, then settling when motor is off or fuel pump over heating?

dabtl

Deuces that have sat, and which of them has not, tend to get organic growth in the tanks. A bio killer will clear it up, but you get a lot of crap in the filters first.

Check out how much junk you have in the tank. A clue is whether or not the fuel filter under the cap is coated with a white powder. If you have it then the tank may be clogging the fuel pump, fuel filters and such.

MrArmyAnt

So glad it's sounding like it's not the pump. I'll get new filters so I can drive it at the offroad park its parked at this weekend for the Okie run, then drive it home for the draining of everything.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like I may have experienced the same thing, Wrote about it in detail here; WMO & Surging

The thing that made the greatest dif, after new filters, was to tighten the hose from the pump to the top of the tank. It was lose in both of the trucks at the top/factory clamp.

11-04-05 (5).jpg 11-04-05 (3).jpg 11-04-05 (4).jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks