• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stater lockout?

jwaller

it appears my 818 has in the wiring diagram a lockout switch. well I am swapping out the harness and I cant seem to find where this wire goes. It will start if I ground that wire but I dont think this is right. where does this go? it's #93.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might be a harness for an auto trans equipped truck, or if yours has an auto, maybe yours is old style. There should be a neural switch in the trans or the selector lever pad/handle if yours has an auto. If you have standard trans, just leave the wire grounded.

jwaller

I do not have an auto and I dont know if the truck it came from was an auto but I was told it came from a 809 and I didnt think the 809's had auto's. anyhow I tried to ground it and it seems like it only needs to be a momentary ground not all the time. I will have to try it again.

acetomatoco

#93 is "starter relay grounding circuit" You should be able to trace it in your nice wiring diagrams in the 260 manuals.

jwaller

ya I've done that. I have found the end that is under the dash and the thing it's supposed to hook to but whatever it is supposed to hook too isnt under my dash. so does anybody have a pic of what this wire hooks to?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks