• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Statesville nc military living history

tarheel

The folks at Allison's Woods are putting on their annual military living history event September 18-20. Any military vehicles are welcome. The event is just north of Statesville off Hwy. 21. You can go their website, allisonwoodslivinghistory.org, and contact selena goodin. Must register your vehicle by August 14. Camping is permitted.

MDSA

It sounds like fun. Can we show up for just a day?

I've got your Danville Tank disc. Sorry I missed the breakfast last month; hopefully this month.

Wish you could have been at Uwharrie.

tarheel

yeah, one day is ok. as long as your in and setup before it opens to the public. just get me the disc whenever, no hurry. and yes, it was a good breakfast. nothing like a little southern grease to get the pipes lubed!!!!!!!

AMGeneral

Just got back,WOW,I enjoyed every minute I was there,It rained just about all day Friday but Tarheel,Neil Hendrix and I slogged on through the mud. Russ dropped by on Sat for a while with his Deuce to hang out for a while as well.Great group of reenactors and vehicles,good food,LOTS of history and information on display,and did I mention,LIVE FIRE reenacted battles(WW2 and Civil War),cannon,musket and pistol fire at various times from the battlefield during the Civil war battles and Fire from M1s,Thompsons,M1911s and MG42s G 98s and other WW2 arms.The U S halftrack had some mechanical problems on Sat and the M54A1 was called in to duty to transport 18+ GIs to and from the battlefield and a pass in review each day. I snapped LOTs of pics,here's just a few.

Attachments

Last edited:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Thats amazing , thanks for pictures!!!

Kinda did something like that this weekend here, there was a Militaria show in Raleigh we took the MV's to. My nice lil wife let me get a peice of history. A M1 Carbine 6-44.

Again, your event looked amazing!:-D

tarheel

Fellers, all i can say is a BIG thank you!!!!!!!!!for bearing with the weather and mud, and helping me out. i cant say enough what it meant to have the support to make this thing happen. i can tell you this, next year, we will be bigger and better. thanks to , neal, russ, brandon, larry, jeff, and all the guys who made this a very enjoyable weekend. glad everyone made it home safely. pics will be up soon.

MDSA

Wow, I can see i missed a great time. What was I thinking? Saturday morning, warm dry bed, But I should have been there. Glad it turned out so well. Fantastic pictures!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks