• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

STE/lCE tester- what do they do and do they exist anymore?

Shade_Tree

You know what would be handy is if someone made an adapter for the diagnostic port that could plug into the USB port of a laptop where you could run a STE/ICE emulator and get all the data without having to track down one of those boxes.
Anyone got the know-how and some spare time?....

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know what would be handy is if someone made an adapter for the diagnostic port that could plug into the USB port of a laptop where you could run a STE/ICE emulator and get all the data without having to track down one of those boxes.
Anyone got the know-how and some spare time?....
Got the spare time, but i are 2 dum 2 due sumptin lik dat. Anyway, I have two, one is 100% complete with all the bells and whistles and the TM. the other has a good working box but is missing about half the bells and whistles. If anyone knows a source for the probes etc. please PM me, thanks. Oh and they're really cool to play with and they're my level of technology. I don't even know whatever the ODbiwan canoby whatever thing yer talkin 'bout.

Now on helicopters we used the Chadwick-Helmuth 8500C Balance Analyzer. With it you can diagnose the vibration of any component in any helicopter (or any vehicle; air, sea or land) to within .001 IPS (inches per second of vibration). If your drive shaft is out of balance you can tell if it's the drive shaft, the U joint or something going out in the transmission OR axle. COOOL!:beer:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I've read mentions of being able to upgrade the STE/ICE firmware before, but I haven't run across the software, hardware or documentation for doing it so far.

Mine has been on a shelf for many years since the last time I used it. It can do nifty things, but I usually just use a plain old multimeter. Ok, not such a plain one, actually, because I'm an electrical engineer and I like the Good Tools, so it's fairly fancy and not at all cheap. But it's still a heck of a lot smaller than a STE/ICE.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks