• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

steam cleaner recovery

MitchG

I just won a trailer mounted steam cleaner. Was wondering how it would pull behind the deuce? It's the only thing I have with a pintle at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If its the one I'm thinking of, they are mounted on M101 chassis. It should be ok, just make sure you won't have to back up with it attached. What a PITA!

MitchG

Hey thanks Gimp!! I went and picked it up today. It pulled fine, but I can see what you mean about the backing. I'll post up some pics when I get a chance tomorrow. It looks like it's in pretty good shape. One thing anyone know where I can get a TM on this thing? I would also like to find one for the generator as well. It's a 701A.

Could anyone tell me who sells parts for the generator or the cleaner too for that matter? The only thing I really see missing on the genset is the fuel cap. The oil looks super clean. If I can find a cap for it I might try firing it up this weekend.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think the 701 designation only tells you that it has the acoustic sound suppression on it. It "should" be a standard 3kw genset. Not sure what the "mep" designation is for that one.

MitchG

I was kinda surprised it went that cheap. I almost forgot about the auction and didn't bid on it. At any rate here are some pics of the setup.

I found the tech manuals on the generator setup but does anyone know if there are any available for the steam cleaner section?

Oh yeah one other thing anyone know where I can get a cap for the generator fuel tank?

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I'd think that the TMs oughta be downloadable from LOGSA. That being said, I am not familiar AT ALL with this particular model, but in general, I know way more about high pressure hot water washers than I do about army trucks - so feel free to ask questions.

Best wishes,
David Doyle

davidkroberts

from what i remember the mep002/mep003/ and your 3 kw all use the same fuel cap. ive ownded all three but i cant remember offhand. should make it easier to find

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks