• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Brake Lines

jaxsof

393.45 subpart d: Brake tubing and hose connections. All connections for air, vacuum, or hydraulic braking systems shall be installed so as to ensure an attachment free of leaks, constrictions or other conditions which would adversely affect the performance of the brake system.

It doesnt specify how this is accomplished

Oh, BTW, MIL-F-18866 AN (Army-Navy) Fittings specify a 37* Flare. Check if you are replacing lines! 45* and 37* dont play well together

Katahdin

I pulled this out of my brake line system last month. A Nat Guard mechanic must have patched the rear 5/16" line with copper, single flaring it on one end and using compression fittings on the other:

5-16-brake-line (Custom).jpg

This was a GL truck. Shame on me for not noticing this sooner...

The front and back 5/16" lines have now been replaced with new double-flared Poly-Armour lines.

rustystud

I pulled this out of my brake line system last month. A Nat Guard mechanic must have patched the rear 5/16" line with copper, single flaring it on one end and using compression fittings on the other

View attachment 502588

This was a GL truck. Shame on me for not noticing this sooner...

The front and back 5/16" lines have now been replaced with new double-flared Poly-Armour lines.
HOLY CRAP !!! You have some serious Guardian Angels looking out for you ! Knowing that the average pressure in a wheel cylinder brake system is over 800psi you are one lucky dude !! Maybe you should go and get some LOTTO tickets with your kind of luck !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks