• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers Better Than AAA

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
For the second time I broke down in my former range control Ford truck in West Texas AND for the second time I was rescued by someone from Steel Soldiers. This time 1954 COE (Rick) picked me up. About 40 miles north of Pecos the truck suddenly started losing power but remained running. It got me another ~120 miles to Van Horn. I called 1954 COE to see if he could meet me there and bring my empty trailer and me on into El Paso. So he drove the roughly 150 miles out and met me. He also got a friend to allow me to park the barely running truck at is business. Rick then got me and the trailer to El Paso and after nearly 2 days of straight driving, I got to see the family for the first time in 4 months.

Not even a year ago VPED pulled my butt out of the fire by bringing me a serpentine belt about 180 miles (each way) out in the middle of nowhere along I-10.

Thank God for people like 1954 COE and VPED.

Time for a new vehicle.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, we thank God for the Members of the SS West Texas Detachment. Glad they could help a friend in need.
If i weren't in Israel right now I would have also rolled to assist. You've already paid that one forward with the tow bar and our XM818 recovery a few months ago.
Praying your time back "home" will be all you need it to be.
Be blessed, my friend.
John (broadcasting from Jerusalem)

dmetalmiki

Actions beyond "the call of duty". So. on the respective days, 1954 COE and VPED. Receive my 'Knights of the road' And 'Steel Soldiers of (those Weeks) award.

m109a2

That's what it is all about that is what we do.I flew up to Neal Hendricks neck of the woods. Meet me at the airport. And drove me to the motel. Ice storm hit and cost me a few days. The man was right this truck will go any where. Drove 1200 miles no problem just saying buy from a brother.Al

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a great ending to a potentially frustrating trip! I'm all over parts of TN, AL, KY & MS for work. I hope to also be able to help when there is a need.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Gets even better WV New Guy and his wonderful wife (who, BTW, needs a 'callsign') went to Aberdeen and then came to grab me out of BWI to move me back to my parents. Saved callsign ExtremelyOleFart (aka Dad) from having to do the drive to me home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks