• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers migration 12/9/19

John Mc

How do I get the correct time to show for all posts? I read one that was posted "9 minutes ago". I went back later and the time shown is 19 hours behind what was 9 minutes prior to me reading it the first time. So actual time here was 9:09pm. Time on post is 2:09am, same day.
Have you set your time zone? Click on your user name in upper right corner. In the menu that appears, click on "Preferences" then go to the time zone setting and select appropriate zone, and click "Save"

CMPPhil

Hi

Question / comment about new photo size. Is anybody else experiencing slow down connection while the photos download?

While I really like the size and quality of the new photos, when you hit a thread loaded with large photos read/viewing the thread slows down.

John Mc

Hi

Question / comment about new photo size. Is anybody else experiencing slow down connection while the photos download?

While I really like the size and quality of the new photos, when you hit a thread loaded with large photos read/viewing the thread slows down.
As someone living in a rural area with a slow internet connection, I sometimes dread the threads with multiple hi-rez photos - especialy when the kids are home using up most of our bandwidth. If I can, I make do with viewing the thumbnail photos.

coachgeo

yikes...... the font shrunk all the sudden. Looks smaller than before you fixed the font issue previously.

UPDATE: egg on face. this time it was my computer not the website. it shrunk the view only for this site.. so problem solved 🥴 :rolleyes::whistle:(y)

Last edited:

rickf

How do I select threads I no longer want to watch in the watched threads? The little box is marked "e-mail" but I selected them anyway and at the bottom I selected stop watching and it shows I am still watching 15 threads. And climbing! it is going back to threads I looked at 4 years ago. I only usually watch three or four threads.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How do I select threads I no longer want to watch in the watched threads? The little box is marked "e-mail" but I selected them anyway and at the bottom I selected stop watching and it shows I am still watching 15 threads. And climbing! it is going back to threads I looked at 4 years ago. I only usually watch three or four threads.

The little box is used to select them.

rickf

Well I selected all the ones I no longer wanted to watch and went to the drop down and selected that choice and clicked on it and it did nothing. All still there. I will try again.

rickf

Nope, I realized that for some reason I was now watching 23 PAGES!!!! instead of just four or five threads so I selected all then just unchecked the five I wanted to watch. It still has me watching all of them. It is not a real big problem since most are long dead threads but I am getting a lot of e-mail notices for threads I haven't seen for years and have no interest in.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So there's two parts to this. Watching a thread and email alerts. If you're not wanting to get email alerts about them, follow the process mentioned before. The watched threads page is now just a list of the threads that you watch. There isn't an option to change this. It's to weigh them in the new thread display. Sorry I thought you were asking about the emailing portion of that.

You can also unwatch all the threads too.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it necessary to repeatedly pop this up?

Yes, I know the purpose of ads, and no I won't be clicking on them anyway. I know the forum is not free and I've paid a good deal over the years to support. So I ask again, is it really necessary to repeatedly display this pop-up, no matter how many times I click "NO THANKS"?

Also, no matter which option I select, (or the 'x' in the top right to close the pop-up), it reloads the page and I lose my place where I was on the thread. Doubly obnoxious.

ad_block_popup.png

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Turning off ad block for SS will prevent it from displaying. Otherwise it will display every 5th view. Premium membership is not subjected to the ad-blocker notice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CMPPhil

Turning off ad block for SS will prevent it from displaying. Otherwise it will display every 5th view.

Hi

I really don't have a problem that are related to Military Vehicles. I do have a problem with totally unrelated ads. Example the questionable loan companies that lack the Google corner x that at least allows you to report them as being inappropriate or unrelated.

Cheers Phil

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi

I really don't have a problem that are related to Military Vehicles. I do have a problem with totally unrelated ads. Example the questionable loan companies that lack the Google corner x that at least allows you to report them as being inappropriate or unrelated.

Cheers Phil
That's perfectly fine. I only have the ability to block ad categories from google. Not specific ads. Reporting them goes back to google.

John Mc

I just turned off my ad blocker for this site. That way, I don't get the pop-up. I just ignore the adds - not that big a deal to scroll right past them.

rickf

Why is my watched threads list growing bigger and bigger when I have not been looking at anything other than the one thread I always look at? Even when I am not on I gain several watched threads. I unwatched dozens of them and now I have even more than I had before and I haven't been looking at anything.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's taken a little time for the changes to sink in, but I feel pretty comfortable with the new format.:burn:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Why am I getting notices of new posts with a reply to my posts from a thread that was last posted in , in 2013 and one from 2017 ?
Sorry I this came up in another thread and I replied there, didn't see this until now. The reason you were seeing thread update from long ago was due to a huge backlog of posts that were pending approval. Most of them were hidden from us due to the broken old software. We had worked through approving them. So that's why they started popping back up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks