• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2015 - July VOTE HERE

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zout

We took the Coffieies Jeep up the back side of Stone Mountain and drove on Jefferson Davis nose one time- gotta find that video. The parachute landing at the end was another video and we have to find that too - that was 2800 ft climb up the backside.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We took the Coffieies Jeep up the back side of Stone Mountain and drove on Jefferson Davis nose one time- gotta find that video. The parachute landing at the end was another video and we have to find that too - that was 2800 ft climb up the backside.
So what you're saying is jeeps are really good for climbing up the backside of some old dude?

greenjeepster

Thought that was just a suggestion for people to vote on. Are you going to try and claim a HMMWV can climb better than a Goat? That's funny :)
I know for a fact that I can put the HMMWVs front tires on top of a jersey barrier. I highly doubt the gama goat can do that without damaging stuff...

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know for a fact that I can put the HMMWVs front tires on top of a jersey barrier. I highly doubt the gama goat can do that without damaging stuff...
You would be wrong about that.

Unlike the HMMWV the Goat's drive line is fully enclosed in the tractor portion and recessed above the body in the carrier section. It could drive OVER a Jersey barrier not just put it's wheels on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

greenjeepster

I don't think there is enough articulation in the two sections. The area between the front wheels and the rear on the tractor section is so close together that it would be vertical before you could ever go over. You would either bend body components or break your articulation joint.

I am not saying the HMMWV could go over it either, but ..

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think there is enough articulation in the two sections. The area between the front wheels and the rear on the tractor section is so close together that it would be vertical before you could ever go over. You would either bend body components or break your articulation joint.

I am not saying the HMMWV could go over it either, but ..
That's why you don't go at it head on. I could always use a HMMWV as a step :)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok the Goats only ahead by 2. All of you folks that voted for him need to go out and find 1 more person to do the same. Your side's winning but only by a hair and it's 4th and goal in the 4th quarter. Let's move it into the end zone! (apologies for those who are not football fans).

Another Ahab

Ok the Goats only ahead by 2. All of you folks that voted for him need to go out and find 1 more person to do the same. Your side's winning but only by a hair and it's 4th and goal in the 4th quarter. Let's move it into the end zone! (apologies for those who are not football fans).
Come on M939 gun truck fans were down a few votes! Just need a few more to win!

Close race.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks