• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2016 - December VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Please vote here for your favorite MV of the month. And contestants, please feel free to "campaign" for votes here as well! Let's have at it!

Please campaign only in the thread, not PMing people.

1. Gunner USN
Gunner USN.jpg

2. sandcobra164
sandcobra164.jpg

3. two.fiveM35
two.fiveM35.jpg

4. Cape Coastie
Cape Coastie.jpg

5. kenet3621
kenet3621.jpg

6. Floridianson
Floridianson.jpg

7. microjeep
microjeep.jpg

8. Ordak
Ordak.jpg

9. Coffey1
Coffey1.jpg

10. theeDIZ
theeDIZ.jpg

11. big fish toys
big fish toys.JPG

12. buffalorunner
buffalorunner.jpg

13. Rusty Loads
Rusty Loads.jpg

Cape Coastie

CWO4 ENG/MSS, USCG, RET.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Here are a few pictures of my truck. When I first saw her she had no engine or transmission and the hood was in the bed. We made a deal with "Vintage Iron" (Matt) and took his engine out of his M936 and put it in mine. I helped him install a Cummins 400 into his truck. I have done a lot of other work, painting, brake work, dog bones and added some LED lights. Take a look and throw a vote my way if you see fit. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

sandcobra164

Awesome, Campaign time! I'd like for my truck to win because it brought my brother and I so much closer when I got it. Fast forward a few years and I almost lost him to leukemia earlier this year. He's still with us by the Grace of God but it's been a rough few months. We look forward to Christmas and would love your consideration for a vote. It's a solid truck and made Steel Soldiers fame from my misfortune of sticking all kind of stuff in my parents yard a few years ago on Christmas Eve.

Attachments

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I already voted, will start campaigning with additional pics soon. It is about time that a non-US truck gets the nomination, and its fitting after the effort Rusty Loads put into getting the truck from the Czech Republic to Canada, and then drive TWO THOUSAND miles to participate in the Georgia Rally and show a unique vehicle. In the back is a UN radio container that saw action as well.

Tatra-UN.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some pics of the Tatra while still in the Czech Republic. In front, you can see a new cabin laying around.

IMG_0904.jpgIMG_0893.jpgEvan-815-VT.jpgIMG_0909.jpg

Also a short video about the army Tatra versions.

https://youtu.be/JDynVAv8-MU

Note that Rusty Load's truck has a heavy bumper in front, while most of the terrain army versions do without the bumper to get greater terrain grade abilities. Or it just might be a production version difference, not sure.

Gunner USN

CUCV II type A 1/2 ton

1 - Series of photos of from when I purchased the vehicle from Evil Dr. Porkchop in Vermont in Feb 2015.

2 - Rest Stop in Indiana.

3 - Lay over in Illinois.

4 - Apply Stencil painting.

5 - First showing (with M101A2 3/4 ton) with Red Bulls Historic Military Vehicle Association at Home Depot in Plymouth, Minnesota in Apr 2015.

6 - Trip to Iola, Wisconsin in Aug 2015.

7 - Minnesota State Fair Aug 2015.

8 - Mustering for the Red Bulls HMVA Canadian Convoy June 2016 in Stillwater, Minnesota.

9 - Rest Stop in Two Harbors, Minnesota June 2016.

Attachments

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Arrival in Canada from the Czech Republic; persistence pays off.

photo-5.jpgphoto-9.jpgphoto.jpgphoto-8.jpgphoto-2.jpgphoto-10.jpgphoto-7.jpgphoto-6.jpgphoto-3.jpg

*** but it took a lot of time, geting paper work sorted out, and then nerves about the roll-on roll-off and transport across the ocean. In the end, it worked out OK

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We'll try, need a few more votes for the Tatra; we really need to honor this double foreigner effort.

IMG_3138.jpgIMG_3051.jpgIMG_3047 (2).jpg

A next career as movie prop, with guns on top and moving nuclear waste.

Next time some pics on the UN container.

Do we get extra points for promoting the voting thread?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe people missed the thread due to the migration to a new provider.

Well, the Tatra migrated to a new provider as well, to start a second youth. So please step up to the plate people and give Rusty Loads Tatra some votes for effort and aesthetics

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
OK y'all...it's all over in about 24 hours. Better get to campaigning/stumping/telling lies etc., you know...politician stuff.

PS...I think the Russians may have hacked this election.:shock:

sandcobra164

I think alot of votes were missed due to the website issues during the migration to the new server. I also think that the truck that is currently in the lead is Awesome. An M1070 HET with an M1000 trailer and a HEMMT loaded on deck. He is living the dream in ways most of us mere mortals will never get a chance too.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time to whine something..........Is already a bit unfair, 1 MV per member per month.....in the end of the voting you really don't know what a truck is the MV of the month......ok enough whining.....lol. I have voted for a fine little CUCV II

Gunner USN

I think alot of votes were missed due to the website issues during the migration to the new server. I also think that the truck that is currently in the lead is Awesome. An M1070 HET with an M1000 trailer and a HEMMT loaded on deck. He is living the dream in ways most of us mere mortals will never get a chance too.
I agree with you sir, the big rigs are awesome trucks and the rest of us unworthy people only wish we could be that, kewl!

Gunner USN

Time to whine something..........Is already a bit unfair, 1 MV per member per month.....in the end of the voting you really don't know what a truck is the MV of the month......ok enough whining.....lol. I have voted for a fine little CUCV II
Thank you Fine Sir, from the unworthy!