• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2017 - November VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Migginsbros

Our FLU 419 SEE has a fording depth about 30 inch without preparation.
If you switch to diff.locked 4 wheel drive you activate a system which send slightly overpressure to all the gearboxes and axeltubes.
This was an extensive repair to renew the old rubberboots with the one piece OEM part.
But this system protect the axels and gearboxes for ingress of water.
endres zurueck 008.jpg SEE Schubrohrmanschetten Endres 016.jpg SEE Schubrohrmanschetten Endres 002.jpg SEE Schubrohrmanschetten Endres 008.jpg
SEE Schubrohrmanschetten Endres 011.jpg SEE Schubrohrmanschetten Endres 025.jpg SEE Vorbereitung Schubrohrmanschetten 007.jpg SEE Vorbereitung Schubrohrmanschetten 019.jpg
SEE Vorbereitung Schubrohrmanschetten 018.jpg See Geräte anAb 012.jpg See Geräte anAb 003.jpg SEE Vorbereitung Schubrohrmanschetten 003.jpg
Thank your for voting #3 Migginsbros Freightliner Unimog FLU419 SEE

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter

cucvrus

DSCF7381.jpgDSCF7382.jpgDSCF7383.jpgDSCF7384.jpgDSCF7385.jpgDSCF7386.jpgDSCF7387.jpgDSCF7388.jpgDSCF7389.jpgAs mentioned before I built my truck myself. Everything that is on it is a result of sweat and toil. I didn't buy it as it is today. This is the 3rd time this truck looked this good again. First was when it was built in Flint Michigan in 1986 and then again in 1996 I repainted the entire truck and replaced the tailgate. It went away for 20 years to a new owner and somehow got it back. I rebuilt it again. This is hopefully the last time it will be completely disassembled. It will not be seeing anymore hard work and not be used as a work horse. It is supposed to be retired at this point. Left to live the life of garage and rest for prosperity. I would appreciate your vote for the MV of the month. I will do my best to preserve the remaining stock of CUCV's I have in my possession. I will do it in good taste and always try to give advise and support to those needing CUCV support. I don't know it all but I am willing to keep learning. Thank you. DSCF3490 (1).jpgDSCF3687 (1).jpg

cucvrus

DSCF3497 (1).jpgDSCF3498 (1).jpgDSCF3499 (1).jpgDSCF3500 (1).jpgDSCF3501 (1).jpg
After storing the original cargo bed outside the past 2 years it was time to bring the bed to the shop for repairs and a good cleaning. I used the trailer frame that I picked up at a scrap sale to store and transport the bed. I used the trailer cargo bed in another build back 2 years ago.

cucvrus

DSCF3495.jpgDSCF3499 (1).jpgI stored the running drivable cab chassis of my M1008 project in another shed while the cargo bed was in the barn being worked on. The steel saw horses I built many years ago just for doing the cargo beds on CUCV's. Same as my cab cart. Made life a lot easier. DSCF3532.jpgDSCF3534 (1).jpgDSCF3536 (1).jpgIn September the cargo bed was all repaired and I needed to get the under side clean. I opted to set it up on the front bed wall and sand, wire, wheel and blow it all out. Washing at this point was not an option. I had washed several times when it was on the cart. But water is not good when you want to progress on a paint project. DSCF3549 (1).jpgDSCF3551 (1).jpgAfter the through cleaning. I washed the entire bed underside with wax and grease remover. I applied a good coat of gray primer and left it sit a few days. I then applied a good coat of the Rusfree undercoating. It did a great job and made the bed look respectable again on the top and bottom. DSCF3587 (1).jpgDSCF3586 (1).jpgDSCF3589.jpgDSCF3588.jpgI reinstalled the cargo bed after painting the front bed wall. Thank you for your support. I done a lot of fun hard work on this vehicle. I went over the entire engine and the transmission was rebuilt along with the transfer case. I ask for your vote and will continue to rebuild the CUCV's I have in my possession up the same standards I always target. Not perfect but the very best of my ability. Time is my most valuable asset. I spend more time getting the look I desire then most people. Character flaw. Happy Holidays.

Attachments

cucvrus

DSCF4002.jpgDSCF4003.jpgDSCF4004.jpgDSCF4005.jpgDSCF4006.jpgDSCF4007.jpgDSCF4008.jpgI wanted to do something to address the problem areas on the CUCV M1008. It was always the cab floors and the cargo bed floor and sides that are the first to rust and get ugly. My answer was the Line X. Line X hits the sweet spot every time. It is very helpful in keeping the floor rust and scratches in check. I have it in 2 M1009's complete floor area. very nice and also does cut down on some noise. But most of all it provides an easily cleanable surface to the cab and cargo bed. No worries of torn cracked and rust creating rubber floor mats with the same look. Thank you for your support. Please I ask for your vote.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all the worthy contestants, the extra's, additional details, and background (in this case, tailgate) have to decide the vote. These are very worthy causes supported here. Gets my vote. Secondary effect is that these efforts help giving our hobby a better image.
Worthy causes indeed!

Except I’m not voting for a cause.
I’m voting for a vehicle of the month.
Time, money, love and lots of hard, very hard work that went into them.

This isn’t a contest of the best cause.
It’s about the truck.

Of course I agree 100% in the organizations his truck supports.
But to ask for a vote just because of that is off track of the intended purpose.

Migginsbros

First and foremost, it is a pleasure to be a participant at Vehicle of the month contest.
Not everyone has time and money, or either, to do a frame-off restoration. Me and my brothers have never done a frame-off restoration. However, we have been using MV vehicles since the early 1980s.
Of course we welded, repaired, painted and serviced our vehicles ourselves.
Friends of us started a frame off restoration, but they have not been driving with their vehicle for over 15 years.
We can use our vehicles daily and / or just for fun.
We run our own small machinery shop where we repair automotive engine parts.

VW181 002.jpgFirst self owned MV, a Volkswagen VW181 pictured early 80th
Kiesgrube 2015 039.jpgPICT1760.jpgPICT1472.jpgBuessing Lothar 008.jpgFUG+SEE 008.jpgFUG+SEE 006.jpgFUG+SEE 007.jpgjaguar.pngmotorenwerkstatt 001.jpgunimog 2025.jpgwerkstatt weihnachten2013 002.jpgwerkstattbilder 006.jpgmotorenwerkstatt 004.jpgUnimog SEE Ausfahrt29.12.13 008.jpg
We appreciate the great amount of work done in a frame-off restoration.

Wire Fox

I absolutely love the workhorses, but even more, I'm in love with seeing the attention to detail and hard work put into that CUCV. I think it's an under-appreciated vehicle that got the love that it really deserves. Hope to see it win this round!

cucvrus

DSCF4014.jpgDSCF4002.jpgDSCF4008.jpgDSCF4051.jpgDSCF4092.jpg
I was ask for a few pictures with the truck complete with mirrors and interior. I have none with it completely done. I was off guard with the nomination and sent it to the alignment shop. I completed everything and it is sitting in storage right now. I had to get moving on it because winter was coming fast. Over the week end I will see if I can shoot a few more pictures. Not helpful now. When I leave for work it is dark and when I get home it is dark. Tis the season. Thank you to all the supporters out there. I will continue to do my best at building CUCV's and raising the bar on the rebuilds each time. Happy Holidays and Thank you. It means a lot to me and the hobby as a whole. I want to emphasize. I opt for the stock suspension and look as much as possible. I think it is the stock look that makes the vehicles unique. It also helps retain the value and the collectability of the CUCV line of vehicles. Very few unmolested stock vehicles left.

Last edited:

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All excellent entries and worthy of my vote, but I only have one vote. I voted for the hardest working truck out of the bunch. I also voted for the man who, in my opinion, does more to help folks in this forum than anyone else I've seen. He was able to deliver my truck to me at a very fair price when literally no one else could.

Thanks Wes, and keep on truckin!

keep on.jpg

Migginsbros

alles ab winterhike2014 1207.jpgalles ab winterhike2014 1204.jpgalles ab winterhike2014 1205.jpgalles ab winterhike2014 1206.jpgalles ab winterhike2014 406.jpgalles ab winterhike2014 014.jpg

After all, everyone has to decide for themselves what is best for their retired MV. We find that practise and exercises are best for our MV. This means a lot of fun and pleasure for us and our descendants. This does not mean we do not have to maintain an service the vehicles. Finding the time for it is just as difficult for us as it is for most of us, because we also have to earn our daily bread in other jobs. And by the way even for service, maintanance and fun the days are usually shorter than you think.:beer:

It was a very hard battle with great contestants but it looks like very hard work to encourage the crowd, that was only sit and watch but now jumping out of their second row to steam catapult our FLU419 SEE L.A.P.E.S. certified to this month first place.:jumpin:

The video shows a view from the passenger side off our SEE.
https://youtu.be/tHkSPO_bj_U :tank:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHkSPO_bj_U&feature=youtu.be

[/URL]

Last edited:

cucvrus

We still have 3 hours on the east coast till the polls close. Please cast a vote for my CUCV M1008 project. If you already have done so Thank You. I will try to uphold the same pride and attention to detail in my newest build. I am redoing an M1009 that has sat wrecked for the last 10 years. Thank you for your support. We are on the home stretch. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Migginsbros

Congratulations to the well deserved victory, cucvrus.

IMG_5957.jpg

Congrats to simp5782 for the second place.............we share the smaller cup.

To all candidates...it was a great campaign. Looking forward to thrilling December poll:beer:

To all voters supporting Migginsbros a BIG BIG Thank you !!!!:goodjob:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks