• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2018 - August VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sandcobra164

Tony,
Life gets busy sometimes and I didn't campaign at all last month. I won this contest back in May of 2015 with a CUCV. The little truck beat out a M1070 HET and some very worthy competition. Like the CUCV that spent time in a cave in Norway, my 5 ton has one thing going for it. My Little Buddy Loves big iron! He's more partial to Railroad Iron but love's the 5 ton because railroads used 855 Cummins extensively and that happens to be the engine under the hood of General Non-Sense!

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few more shots of "Easter Find".

Originally started her service in the New Mexico Guard and now semi retired in central New York.

Expertly restored By CUCVRUS in 2017

IMG_2145.jpgIMG_2127.jpg

sandcobra164

Just a few pictures to keep my truck in the running. It looks like I'm lagging behind slightly but I think Scar59 is running a sprint! I'm an endurance runner! Left to right, General Non-Sense at the Thronateeska Heritage Center for Briggs Birthday party with the M1102. Next, helping a gentlemen with an M923A2 figure out "normal" camber on a rockwell axle. Pic 3 is a shot of my "emergency front hubs" after they got sandblasted by Welder1. He does great work so reach out to him if you're close and need someone with a 30 ton silo and an industrial sandblasting operation. I painted them red so it's easy to figure out when they are installed. I run de-splined hubs when traction is not an issue to get that 0.1 mpg gained by not spinning the front drivetrain. Last picture is the old tarp on canvas replacement day!

Attachments

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_0506.jpgIMG_0688.jpgIMG_0689.jpgSprint? The M936 dosen't do anything fast. Low and slow.... Putting the lift on a rough terrain forklift. Mounting wheel assemblies. I have several sets of de-splined hubs for the fleet. They do help w/ on road drivability. Keep Voting!!!

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the versatility of the 419 and the wrecker.....GREAT photos of equipment in use........great to see a lively "competition".........

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Easter Find was put back on light duty today. She was ordered to pick up the MEP at the Retirement Home and bring it to the job site. The only issue was the CO failed to specify which one; The 802,803,or the 804IMG_2186.jpg Can you guess which one she hooked up?IMG_2180.jpgIMG_2179.jpg

While at the retirement home, She met a few fellow retirees. IMG_2181.jpgIMG_2182.jpg Then Easter Find had to show her new friends
what she is made of. IMG_2183.jpgIMG_2184.jpgIMG_2187.jpgIMG_2190.jpgIMG_2191.jpg

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Doug,
Those pictures of your engine bay are better than my CUCV when I first got it! Attached pictures show what mine looked like at 25 years old and only 2,189 miles on it! Didn't have a chance to take a rag to it before the pictures and haven't taken one to it since except to check fluids.

Attachments

Migginsbros

IMG_5910.jpgIMG_5909.jpg

FLU 419 SEE
Straight 6 cyl. direct injected Diesel engine
Air transportable by C-130 and CH-47D, LAPES Certified
Full lockable all wheel drive, Compact and Versatile.
50 mph highway speed.

Migginsbros say thank you for your vote.:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks